Lemon and its Health Benefits
Losing weight fast is always an unhealthy thing. There are many diets who tell you that you can lose a lot of weight in no time. And it is working, but you are doing no good to your body. And there’s also the Jojo-effect. The best thing to loose and hold a healthy weight is healthy food, less sugar, lots of drinking water, and sports.
Diet has to begin in your head. Lemon is a naturally tart fruit which may be consumed in its raw form, or added as a flavoring agent to sweet and savory dishes, as well as beverages. Lemon consumption as a weight-loss aid is still under debate, but there is no denying that it offers a bounty of healthful benefits. Consult with a medical professional before beginning a weight-loss program.
Lemon Juice & Weight Loss benefits
- Lemons contain polyphenols, which improves the fat oxidizing activities of the enzyme, acyl-CoA oxidase, in the liver and fat tissue. The polyphenols may also prevent sharp blood-glucose fluctuations, which often lead to food cravings. Plant compounds known as flavonoid, found in lemons, may help suppress weight gain and inflammation.
- Diuretics may help to improve kidney function by transferring excess sodium into the urine for excretion. This results in the elimination of harmful toxins that have accumulated in the body over an extended period of time, and a decrease in water weight. Purdue University’s Julia F. Morton states that lemon juice is a well-known diuretic; however, scientific research is lacking to validate this claim.
- Vitamin C, or ascorbic acid, helps to promote healthy weight loss. Individuals with an adequate intake of vitamin C oxidized 30 percent more fat than those lacking in the nutrient. A vitamin C deficiency may be responsible for an individual’s inability to lose fat. Lemons are naturally rich in vitamin C and may also help to improve the liver’s ability to break down fat.
- Lemons are more acidic than oranges, and their acidity may lead to medical complications, such as erosion of tooth enamel, ulcers or excessive blood thinning. While lemons certainly have a place in a healthy diet plan, only a well-balanced diet rich in nutrients and regular physical activity can ensure a permanent loss in fat, not just water. Furthermore, additional research is needed to adequately prove the efficacy of lemon juice as a weight loss agent.
- Lemon juice is one of the top fat flushers nutritionist. Lemons work, in part, by boosting your body’s natural detoxification process, however, while lemon juice may help you lose weight, it isn’t a miracle cure. Consult your doctor before trying any new weight-loss aid.
- Lemons have thermogenic properties that help boost your metabolism, Lemon polyphenols boost function of acyl-CoA oxidase, an enzyme that oxidates fat, in the liver and white fat tissue, writes Yoshiko Fukuchi, lead author of research published in 2008 in “The Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition.” Lemons’ polyphenols also suppress hyperglycemia, or high blood sugar, and insulin resistance, Fukuchi notes.
- Lemons are not for everyone, if you suffer from heartburn, have a citrus allergy, have gall-bladder problems or have kidney problems, consult your doctor before adding lemon juice to your regimen.
- Further, drink lemon juice through a straw to avoid damaging tooth enamel, and never brush your teeth directly after consuming lemon juice.
- Because of pectin fiber’s presence in lemon, lemon water has the effect of reducing your hunger. If you have tried to kill your appetite in the past with such drinks such as coffee or tea, try lemon water from now on, and also get the benefit of zero calories when you drink it. Together with its property of cleaning out your colon, lemon water’s effect on your hunger cravings is a one-two combination in the effort to help you reduce weight.
A simple weight loss program
- Drink half your body weight in ounces of water daily
- Drink two glasses of lemon water daily
- Drink 8 to 16 ounces of water or lemon water before meals
- Avoid drinking any beverages during meals. If you must have something, sip water or warm tea.
- Minimize all sugary drinks, such as sodas, juice, and lattes
- Eat a moderate diet
- Exercise 15 minutes daily
- ù For the best results, mix a slice or a wedge of lemon, with boiling water and drink at the beginning of the day, every day. When you wake up, your body is naturally cleansing already, so it’s a good idea to capitalize on this. Continue to drink lemon water throughout the day for optimum results. Once you start doing this, and it becomes habit, you’ll find it difficult to stop. It is an easy substitute for morning coffee or tea, and you’ll soon feel the results.
Give this simple program a good three months and see what happens. Then please come back and tell us your results. The juice you produce when you mix lemons with hot water becomes a natural medicine. This solution is able to combat multiple health issues including digestive issues, nausea, heartburn and constipation. The lemon juice also helps your liver to flush out toxins, which would otherwise be absorbed into your body. Hot lemon water is tasty, refreshing and most importantly, alkalizing. This means after it is digested, lemon reduces acidity. Lemon water also has excellent digestive properties and can ease heartburn, bloating and other related problems.