Cranberry juice is a tasty, refreshing fruit drink, but many people don’t realize that it is also quite healthy. Cranberry juice is a flavorful beverage derived from a berry commonly found throughout North America. While cranberry juice can be nutritious, as it provides potassium and other essential nutrients, it isn’t likely to help you get rid of belly fat. The high calorie content and other nutritional characteristics of cranberry juice make it a poor choice if you’re trying to get rid of belly fat, but you can incorporate it into a fat loss plan if you reduce your calorie intake enough. Cranberry juice contains no fat, which can make it preferable for a low fat diet. Fat is high in calories, so limiting fat intake can be a good way to reduce your calorie intake. In addition, research from the May 2001 issue of “International Journal of Obesity and Related Metabolic Disorders” notes that fat is less filling than other nutrients.
Health Benefits of Cranberry
- Cranberry juice is rich in carbohydrates, as each 8-oz. serving contains 31 g. Carbohydrates are an important nutrient because they provide your body with energy. If you’re following a low-carbohydrate weight loss plan, however, cranberry juice would be a poor choice.
- Cranberry juice contains less than 0.5 g of fiber in each 8-oz. serving. Dietary fiber promotes satiety, so it can be helpful for weight loss. A cup of cranberries would be preferable to cranberry juice for dieting, as it provides 4 g of fiber and just 60 calories.
- Cranberry juice contains very little protein. Each cup of this beverage provides only 1 g of protein, a nutrient that helps build and maintain your body’s tissues. Protein is also beneficial for fat loss. As high-protein diets promote increased fat and weight loss. Because cranberry juice will be taking up calories you could be using for a higher-protein food, it’s not highly effective for eliminating belly fat.
- One benefit cranberry juice may have for reducing belly fat is that it’s rich in vitamin A. Although vitamin A is mostly known for promoting healthy vision, it may aid in improving your body composition.
- Another possible benefit of cranberry juice for getting rid of belly fat is that it’s rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C can help you maintain a healthy immune system, and a March 2008 study from the “International Journal for Vitamin and Nutrition Research” found that high intake could prevent fat gain. However, this study was also performed in rats, so your experience may vary.
Other Benefits of Cranberry
- Fights Cancers
- Fights Heart Disease
- Anti-Aging Properties
- Promotes Weight Loss
- Improves Mental Health
- Relieves Skin Conditions
- Prevents Dental Problems
- Treats Urinary Tract Infections
- Strengthens the Immune System
- Helps Kidney and Bladder Problems
Weight Loss & cranberry
Cranberries are generally used to prepare sauce, juice, jelly, cakes, and dried cranberries. They are widely used for culinary use. Medicinally cranberries have great health benefits. Cranberry juice is extracted from fresh cranberries juice. This juice contains good amount of vitamin C and magnesium that nourishes your organs. Vitamin C is excellent source of antioxidants, which kills bacteria and improves vitality. Thus, consumption of cranberry juice helps in killing all bacteria and strengthens immune system of the body. A strong immune system protects your from several germs and bacteria. Cranberry juice is great for flushing the body out and you should drink a glass a day but as with all fruit juices it may not have any added sugar but they all have natural sugar. According to MayoClinic.com, cranberries contain Helicobacter pylori bacteria that promote a healthful stomach and prevent ulcers. By promoting a healthy stomach, digestion and gastrointestinal tract, cranberry juice is an effective addition to weight loss drinks. Along with gastrointestinal health, cranberry juice can also treat and prevent urinary tract infections and can help reduce high cholesterol levels, according to CranberryJuiceBenefits.com. Unsweetened pure cranberry juice is healthier than cranberry juices from blends or concentrates that can contain large amounts of sweetener. The sugar in sweetened cranberry juice adds empty calories that can lead to weight gain or make it harder for you to lose weight. According to Fit Day, 1 cup of unsweetened cranberry juice contains 123.97 calories. Of these calories, 4.55 are from fat. Choosing the right type of cranberry juice is important if you want to lose weight. Blending cranberry juice with other juices or adding sweeteners can increase the calorie content of the beverage as well as significantly change its nutritional profile. Maintaining a healthy, balanced diet is essential for sustained and healthy weight loss. Before beginning a weight-loss program, consult your doctor or another medical professional.
Cranberry juice is effective in inhibiting the growth of peptic ulcers, But more importantly, the high amount of antioxidants and other healthy components in cranberry juice offer a natural defense against heart disease, and help to prevent cancer and blood diseases. Cranberry juice is a natural, healthy drink, with nutritious health benefits for all ages. A glass a day is another positive step toward a healthy lifestyle. As cranberry juice is good source of antioxidants, they throw away unsaturated foods from the body. Thus, helps in losing weight. Consume at least cranberry juice at least two times throughout the day. Remember to drink freshly extracted juice of cranberry. Do not add any artificial sweetener or preservatives. Dilute one part of cranberry juice with two parts of water for better results. You may add some apple juice to cranberry juice for good taste. But, unsweetened cranberry juice is highly effective in the treatment of obesity. Thus, consume unsweetened cranberry juice to lose extra weight.
Referred site for best information related Cranberry Juice: http://www.livestrong.com